The Sewing Forum

Go Back   The Sewing Forum > Patterns & Fitting > Pattern Adjustments
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery Arcade Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 5th March 2013, 23:15
Chatterbox

Total Stitches: 50,551.50

Default Re: shorten from shoulder to bust

Thanks for the clarification Hevsi, I'm pretty sure I have a mental image of what you mean. I like the sound of the slanted darts, something that I'd like to try sometime. I think though, just to get the fitting right in the first place I may need to bring the vertical darts in a little more towards CF as I have a shorter distance between bust points than most patterns. I'll try cutting a box around the darts, both side and vertical, moving them a little and truing the seams.

Thanks for the tip about tracing HVM, quite logical really, but that doesn't mean I would have thought of it!