The Sewing Forum

Go Back   The Sewing Forum > Sewing > Sewing Techniques
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery Arcade Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Sewing Techniques An area to discuss basic sewing techniques eg seams, setting sleeves, collars & cuffs, hemming, inserting zips, etc.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 3rd August 2010, 00:04
Psaryce

Total Stitches: 0

Question Lengthening a skirt

Hi all,

I am hoping someone can help me. I am making the Burda 7610 View A skirt for my daughter (school uniform). Only I think it will be too short as she's moving to secondary school and they have 'rules' about skirt length - must be no shorter than 2" above knee.

The pattern doesn't have a finished length measurement so I am only guessing. I plan to make several of these (some with and some without the bottom band) so if this first one is too short, then I need to adjust the length for the rest.

The problem is the pattern piece is an odd shape and has no lengthen/shorten here line. So I don't know where to adjust it.

The right side is on a fold. The top part is for pleats at the top of the skirt and the left side is side seams.

Sorry the picture's not too clear!