The Sewing Forum

Go Back   The Sewing Forum > Machines > Machine Accessories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery Arcade Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Machine Accessories Need general help selecting presser feet, machine needles, thread, etc? Ask here. (To see presser feet uses and videos of them working go to 'Tips & Tutorials.')

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 24th January 2011, 15:09

Total Stitches: 1,954.77

Default piping foot

Hi,
I am new to this forum and was looking for some advice. I am trying to attach piping to some loose covers but my zipper foot won't stitch close enough so I was thinking of getting a piping foot but not sure of type and size. I am using 5mm piping but want to use the foot when sewing the pieces together too not just making up the piping. The fabric is fairly thick cotton and I wondering if I should buy a 3/16" or a bigger 1/4" to take account of the fabric thickness too? Also, my 20 year old Frister Rossmann uses clip on feet but I can only see screw on piping feet - I just unscrew the clip on attachment to screw on the foot don't I ? - my manual has no advice for different feet and websites don't seem to list feet for frister rossmann machines at all. Thanks for the help.