The Sewing Forum

Go Back   The Sewing Forum > Machines > Buying your first sewing machine
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery Arcade Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Buying your first sewing machine Whether brand new or pre-loved find out about the ideal machine for your first adventure into sewing

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 23rd December 2012, 18:22

Total Stitches: 2,061.79

Default Sewing machine advice for wheelchair user

Hi

I am a wheelchair user with no use of my legs at all. I have recently started quilting and am currently doing it by hand. However, I have really "caught the bug" and want to progress onto bigger projects. I have decided to start looking into sewing machines but am not able to use a foot pedal. A couple of questions arise, can you quilt on a sewing machine just using one hand to quide the quilt? Does anyone know of any special adaptions I could get to make a foot pedal possible to use with my hands?

Thanks so much for your help!