The Sewing Forum

Go Back   The Sewing Forum > Announcements, Feedback, Cafe and Help > 'The Stitches' Café
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery Arcade Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

'The Stitches' Café Come into the cafe for more than a caffeine boost and a cake. Share your everyday chitchat here - without consuming a single calorie!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 5th March 2013, 15:14
Chatterbox

Total Stitches: 341,212,642.11

Default Anyone tried CreativeBug - a competitor for Craftsy.com?

http://www.creativebug.com/

I found this crafting video workshop site via another forum and wondered if any TSFers had signed up to a course yet? It seems to be much like Craftsy, except that you can pay per course OR subscribe monthly and have access to all the courses within your monthly fee (which starts at $24.99 for a single month).

I notices Gretchen has a couple of courses over there... after her swift and unexplained exit from answering class questions on the Craftsy site, I don't know if her presence at CreativeBug is a good or bad indicator of what is to come.

There isn't much there yet in the Garment section, and what is there seems pricey for what it is: $14.99 to sew a pair of leggings (!) and $17.99 to make a peter pan collar. Gertie has a peasant dress which looks nice, but I won't pay money for one of her courses again until she comes back to Craftsy and gives me a vintage jacket pattern that does work, so I can use up all the fabric and habby I bought for that ill-fated course. Some of the embroidery courses look tempting though.

Last edited by anniec : 5th March 2013 at 15:36. Reason: to add prices