The Sewing Forum

Go Back   The Sewing Forum > Announcements, Feedback, Cafe and Help > 'The Stitches' Café
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery Arcade Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

'The Stitches' Café Come into the cafe for more than a caffeine boost and a cake. Share your everyday chitchat here - without consuming a single calorie!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 26th March 2013, 23:04
Chatterbox

Total Stitches: 5,083,592.80

Default The Jeans Sewalong 2013

Calling all sewistas with ill-fitting jeans!!! Fancy doing something about it? Don't want to go it alone? Well, we may have just the thing for you!

After a couple of false not-quite-starts earlier this year, we're finally ready to go on the Jeans Sewalong 2013, and I'd like to invite you to join me on it.

It's essentially a blog and TSF thread running in parallel, with a set timeline and sewing plan. It's paced so that things aren't at a break-neck speed, but things will have momentum to ensure that the project ends in a reasonable time. Here's the proposed timeline:
  • 7/4/13 - gather materials
  • 21/4/13 - toiles and fitting
  • 12/5/13 - fabric prep & cutting
  • 20/5/13 - construction begins!
  • 2/6/13 - collating results, blog wash up, etc.
As it's just me running the blog, I need to make sure that I can cope with the amount of info and co-ordination, and so I'm going to limit numbers who can actively participate in the sewalong (see how optimistic I am that you all want to make jeans???!?) and it will be on the basis of first come, first served up to the first 15. If you don't manage to make it in time, there's absolutely nothing to stop you shadowing and kind of participating anyway, your project just won't be on the blog.

I'm still building the last parts of the blog, but it'll be ready for release on the 7th April and open for public viewing.

If you'd like to join in, please register your interest on this thread - the closing date is 5th April.

For a little encouragement, I made my first ever pair of jeans earlier this year. I've never had jeans that fitted me and they were a revelation. Nowhere near perfect, plenty of room for improvement, but still way better than any other jeans I've ever worn and I can't imagine buying a pair ever again.

Hope to hear from you all soon!

Vivien